Theme Streams will meet twice during the Conference, Saturday and Sunday Morning.
A chance to choose an area of interest for you and explore it with a Theme Stream leader and other Youth, Young Adults, and Youth Leaders.
Choose one of these theme streams when you register.
More detailed description and leaders will be announced soon!
1. Called to Move (embody, yoga, movement, dance, active)
2. Called to Speak Writing, Poetry and Storytelling
You can write. You are a living poem. You have a story to tell.
We all think and express ourselves differently, but can create what is uniquely ours.
Come play with words and discover the writer within you.
Ray McGinnis is a poet, author and presenter of writing workshops. He lives in Vancouver
and has worked in the United Church of Canada in youth and young adult ministry in a number of settings.
3. Called to Create (Visual Art) with Tressa Brotsky
4. Called to Sing (singing, choir, improv singing, writing songs) with Chris Giffen and Cheryl Dennett
Cheryl is: Musician, teacher, wife, auntie, video game playing, United Church goer from Victoria.
5. Called to Pray (spiritual practice) with Keri Wehlander
6. Called to Serve: Justice, outreach, making a difference, random acts of compassionClimate change, bullying, racism, refugee crisis, anxiety: the times we live in are complex and can feel overwhelming. In this stream we will explore ways to begin thinking about social change and the gifts we have to offer that will help make the world a better place.
Christina Kinch is the Justice coordinator for the Contemplative Justice Network at BC Conference. She has worked in many different environments with youth including faith formation, mental health, addictions and social change. She currently runs a program called Undivided which explores the intersection between spirituality and social change (open to people ages 16+, check it out and consider applying!).
7. Called to Challenge (hike, survival skills, rock wall)